Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Which Romeo and Juliet character would you choose to play?

 We are going to perform a short adaptation of Romeo and Juliet for a school performance. For part one of the audition, each student has to write about which character they would like to play - and why.  

I would like to play Lady Capulet because I know that Lady Capulet plays many emotions.  She is very sad at the end, concerned when she is asking Juliet about getting married, but through the rest of the play, she is happy or neutral. I think I would be good at portraying her and I have a bit of acting experience and would love to get more, and the best way to do that would be to get a part with lots of lines. I'm good at memorizing lines word-for-word from acting experience. I also like to talk a lot. My second choice  would be Juliet, or Lady Montague, for the same reasons. I'm good at holding facial expressions because of practice when I perform gymnastics. We have to look happy sometimes and serious other times, so I've had a few years of practice. I like acting different emotions and those characters have a lot of emotions, so those are the people I would love to play.
Jess

I want to be Mercutio because he is nice, kind, rich and a friend of Romeo.
I also want to be Prince Escalus because he doesn't let anyone have a fight.
Akjot 

I would like to be the nurse of Juliet. I like her character because I like helping people, and she helps Juliet the most. And I would like to be one of the citizens of Verona because I am shy and I don't like to talk a lot in front of heaps of people.
 Tegan

I would like to be a citizen of Verona because I'm shy to talk in front of people. I sometimes start mumbling so that's my first choice.  My second choice is to be a guard because they don't to much. As I said, I'm very shy.
Ramandeep

I would like to be Juliet because I like to be active and talkative, and I have heaps of energy. I also think before I act. I would also like to be Lady Capulet if I don't get the Juliet part. I would be Lady Capulet because I'm caring and responsible like Lady Capulet.
 Kylah

I would like to be Romeo because I am most like him because sometimes I don't think before I do things. I would like to be Juliet because I have expression in my voice, and I am energetic and not shy to read a script. My first choice would be Juliet because Romeo is a guy,  and I know Juliet's character better then Romeo's.
Shayla

I would like to be Tybalt becasue I like people that have fights, and I like that he's full of action. 
Cameron M

I would like to be Lady Capulet because she has authority and I think I would be able to bring maturity to the part. My second choice would be Juliet's nurse because she seems like a funny character to play. 
Caitlin

I would like to be a citizen of Verona because I feel like I could work comfortably in the background. I am never able to remember lines.
Lauren   

I would like to act as Mercutio because he stands up for his friends, and we have some similarities.
Rudadiso

I would like to play the part of a shopkeeper because I don't want a big part. I would also like to be Peter the servant* because I can't see well, so I will be best at that position. He has a short part.
Tonu
*In the play, Peter the servant cannot read.

I would like to be Romeo or Benvolio because Romeo  is a gentle guy and a nice guy, but he does not think. Benvolio is a nice and gentle guy and he doesn't like fighting. 
Glen 

I would like to be one of the guards because I like to guard things for people,  and I get to be one of the first people to fight the intruders. 
Latrey

I would like to play the part of Tybalt becasue he's got alot of anger and I think I can bring some experience and excitement to the role and the play.
Karnjeet 

I would like to be in the Verona fight where the Montagues and the Capulets start the fight. I would like to do that part because it is easy to act and I am pretty shy.
Jupman

I would like to be Mercutio because he is kind-hearted like me. My second choice is the citizens of Verona.
Kyran

I would like to be Tybalt because he is furious, and he is also my favourite character.
Flynn

I would like to be Romeo because I have the experience, and he seems like a challenging character.
Cameron W

I would like to be a citizen of Verona because I am quite shy. If I'm performing in front of an audience it is easier if I'm in a crowd.
Bridget

I want to be Mercutio because Mercutio stands up for his friends, and he is brave enough to battle stronger people than him.
Jackie 

I would like to be an attendant because I’m very shy in front of an audience and I don’t have a strong voice. My second choice is a guard because most of the time you just have to stand there.
Alisha

I would like to be an attendant because I don’t want to say a lot like Romeo and Juliet because I am shy and quiet. My second choice is a guard because I don’t think they do a big part.
Renae

I would like to be Tybalt because he's strong and because he's tough and cool, and I'm like him in personality. And I would like to be Tybalt because he's nice and friendly.
unnamed

I would loved to be Tybalt because I love action, and he is full of it. But sadly, I'm not going to be there because I'm getting braces.
unnamed



No comments:

Post a Comment