Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stories About Our Students

We all described our bedrooms so we could compare what they are like with other people's bedrooms - now, in the past and in the future. This is Ameleigh's story.

When you stand at the doorway of my bedroom, the first thing you see are the beds. There are two beds in my room because I share a room with my little brother. We both sleep on single beds which are next to each other. There is a piece of wood in between our beds so we don’t roll on to each other's bed. I have eight pillows on my bed including the one I sleep on. My brother has two pillows on his bed including the one he sleeps on.

My bed is pretty comfortable but I am still trying to get used to it. My brother has the same kind of bed as me, but the only difference are our duvet covers, our pillows and our blankets.
My pillow has pictures of flowers on it. My duvet cover is yellow and my blanket has Chinese writing and patterns on it. My brother's blanket is yellow with blue flowers on it, His pillow has Chinese writing and patterns on it and his duvet cover is purple.

I keep my stuff in my Dad's room and my sister's room because there is no space in my brother's and my room. My brother's and my room is very messy because my brother is a messy boy. No matter how many times someone tells him, he never cleans it up.

The second things you see are the silver shelf, the green shelf and the black drawers. The silver shelf is mine and I keep my books on it. The green shelf is my brother's and he keeps his books on it. The black drawers are also my brother's and he keeps his clothes in them.

The third thing you notice are the two boxes on each side of the room. One of them is grey and the other one is see-through. They are both filled with my brother's clothes.

The curtains of our bedroom are yellow.

Our room is pretty dark but at least my brother and I are not scared of the dark.
Ameleigh with the alfajor she made at school.

Another topic we have been writing about is "Things that used to scare us when we were little". This is Caitlin's story.

When I was little I used to be scared of lots of things but I only want to write about three of them . When I was two and in daycare (pre-school) there used to be a slide that we went down. Everybody but me. I only went down with friends because I was scared I would hurt myself. I don’t know why I was scared but I just was.

This is a bit further away from two years old. This is when I was nine. My cousin, Aaron, used to tell me he would drop me down to the hall near Nana’s computer room. I used to cry and tell Nana but she said, “ Aaron is just fooling around.” Aaron was about thirteen. So now if he does it, I kick him. He will laugh but if I kick him again, he will stop.

My third fear was in 2008 when I think I was eleven. I was on a horse camp and we went on a trek. We were walking through the water when my horse suddenly bucked. Luckily it was deep water so I did not get hurt. My horse after that went out of control so we had to calm it down with a carrot (this worked). So the rest of the trek was fine, but I am still a little scared of that particular horse.
Caitlin making an alfajor.
Caitlin tasting the alfajor.

No comments:

Post a Comment