Monday, June 15, 2009

My Friends and What We Do

My name is Caitlin and my friends are called Tayla and Caitlin. We are the best of friends. I don’t see them often because Tayla lives on a farm in Taupo* and Caitlin goes to a different school in Papatoetoe which is a suburb of Auckland.

When I go to Taupo I usually go to Tayla’s house and farm. It takes three hours to get to Tayla’s house but its worth the wait. We ride on her horse called Gem and play with her mini farm set. We always have lots of fun together. Sometimes Tayla and I (when we are meant to be asleep in her room) chat and play a little game called “Find the Dog”. It’s when we get her miniature poodle and let him go hide (he’s good at this) and we have to find him. Tayla owns a campervan so when she comes to my house in Auckland we sleep in the top bed of the campervan.

Caitlin is my other best friend. I call her on the phone often because we are really good friends. I see her quite a lot because my Mum and Dad are good friends of her Mum. Caitlin and I are usually having sleep- overs at each other’s houses. Caitlin and I play Sims 2 and soon she will be getting Sims 3. Sims is a PC game where you can make your own virtual houses and families. When we are in her room at night, before going to sleep, we watch a movie in bed. We have popcorn and hot chocolate while watching the movie. The last movie we watched was “Grease”. It was so so so so so so cool because I liked all the songs.

Caitlin and I also usually go for lunch with our parents to Finn M’Cool’s which is and Irish pub. I usually get a wrap or pizza with chips and vegetables. A “wrap” is cheese, onion and bacon wrapped in naan bread.Sometimes when we are at Finn’s we meet up with our other friend Lauren. Lauren, Caitlin and I usually play pool for $2.

* Taupo is about three hours south of Auckland. It snows there in winter. Taupo is famous for its lake which is the largest lake in NZ. It is also famous for trout fishing and people go there on their way to the mountains for skiing. Taupo is a good place to go for a family trip because you can have fun whether it is sunny or snowing.

Chau, ‘Bye, Adios

by Caitlin. Age 11

1 comment: