Monday, December 16, 2013

Our Significant Memories


 Mrs Fowler asked us to consider what was the best day at school for each of us.   It got a bit hard trying to decide between so many of them,  so we decided to write about any good day we have had at The Gardens School.

A significantly memorable  day at The Gardens School for me was:

- Mwaniki:when I scored a hat trick in soccer in a lunchtime game because it was my first hat trick

- Ramandeep: when I was in the choir that sang for the Manurewa  RSA  last year because we sang Christmas songs, and it was fun

- Vanshika: when I got an electric shock from the fence when I was doing orienteering at camp at Awhitu, because I thought Sarah B had punched me in the back
- Jamarl: when I started reading the Percy Jackson series of books because it opened a whole new world of entertainment and Greek mythology into my life

- Corbin: when I started reading more and more and more because I've never done so much reading before
- Jason - when I met Willie Apiata at camp, after doing the best project in the class about him

- Jason - when I fell in the mud and cow ....  at cross country. I was going the wrong way and slipped

- Alexander (the Great) - when I got into Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology and history classics  this year because it is so interesting how they lived back then

- Mason: learning about the history of the world wars because I find it really easy to learn about and it's really interesting to me
- Mason: reading and doing comprehension on Holes and Private Peaceful because I improved a lot in comprehension, and I can now understand themes of stories

- Cameron W: when we did our novel studies on Private Peaceful and Holes this year, and last year doing the Castaway novel  because it helped me understand foreshadowing and parallels in stories

- Cameron W: doing  Romeo and Juliet last year because it was my first Shakespeare play

Cameron W: learning about Vincent van Gogh because I learnt that some great people can have disabilities - like he had depression


- Cameron W: getting to know the other Year 8s at camp

- Brylee: when I came fourth in cross country because it was the closest I have ever come to first

- Brylee: when I discovered my comprehension  in Private Peaceful and Holes

- Aaron: when I came first in cross country

- Joanna: doing the visual art project because it looks very creative and artistic

- Dominic:  when I  into the semi-finals for the speech competition
- Sheffy: watching Holes and Second Hand Lions because I discovered that I enjoyed coming-of-age stories

- Jupman: doing the kowhaiwhai patterns with Mrs Irwin because I enjoyed how it represented my family

- Aaron: when our soccer team came first in a tournament at the beginning of this year

Aaron: making it to Counties for athletics because I had never made it to interschool before

- Kylah: doing athletics and coming first in the relay team

- Tara: when I went on the water slide  because I'd never been on one before - but slid over and fell on my face

- Sukhdev: when our cricket team won the Counties competition because it was the first time I had participated

- Li Li: when the Year 8s went to camp because the Year 7s watched movies and did lots of activities with different teachers

- Syvannah: when we went to the swimming carnival because I had never been to one before


- Aiden: coming first in basketball

- Amber- Lee: dancing because I learnt how to do the right steps and how to cooperate with boys





















No comments:

Post a Comment