Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kevin Biggar - our Year 8 graduation speaker

On Monday night, we had the Year 8 graduation ceremony.  Our special guest speaker was explorer an adventurer Kevin Biggar. You may know him from First Crossings tv programme. 

We found his speech very funny, inspiring, lively and enjoyable. Here are some of the ways in which Huia 1 students were inspired: 


I would love to go on a trip with him because he likes to explore around New Zealand.  If I went with him I would learn survival techniques, such as how to stay healthy when you are walking to the South Pole. I learnt that you need to follow your dreams if there is something that you really, really want to do. 
Jason

I learnt  to be determined always and to  focus on what you are doing.   Chase your dreams.   Everything will happen in the future will be because of decisions you make in the present. 
Cameron

Don't let anything take energy away from the job that needs to be done. 
Mrs Vincent 

I learnt to "keep on rowing". When ever you fail at something  - try again
Vanshika

I learnt to set challenges.
Kylah 

 I learnt to never stop.  Put your mind to achieving your goal, but know your limits, and know when it's time to adjust your goal.
Mason


 He inspired me to want to go to Europe and Egypt and look at the history there. Always look on the bright side.
Alexander the Great (formerly known as Alex)

 I learnt to know your limits. If you have been persevering for too long and can't keep going, such as when they were in the South Pole and they could go half way, know when to stop and change your goal. 
Jamarl

I learnt that if you put your mind to something, you can do it.
Dominic 



No comments:

Post a Comment