Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Intermediate Ball 2013









 Here are some of the thoughts about the ball by  some of our class:


I was a bit nervous before coming to the ball. When I entered, I was excited seeing that there was a magician and a photo booth, DJ, and best of all - the food. Then we had to dance. I got nervous, but then I just did it, and it was fun. After that, there was free-style dancing.  I went into the photo booth with Karmveer and Harshanth  and our photos were really funny. Then I ate lots. When we had to go, I didn't want to - I still wanted to stay.  My favourite dance was Cotton-Eye Joe. I couldn't believe that I got the grand march correct, and the Lady Diana waltz was the hardest out of them all. The magician was really good at confusing us with all of his tricks, and the best trick was when he transferred a ball to someone else's hand. I absolutely liked the food - it was delicious.
Sukhdev

When I arrived at the school hall (in a Jaguar), I felt scared about how it would be. But when it started, I felt like I was not scared any more. I thought that it would be a great night, and it was. I liked it when Mr Yates gave me the pink hat when we were doing the Maxina. I wondered why the magician started making balloons when he should be doing magic. After the ball, I felt like my fear was gone. We had such a great time. My favourite dance from the night was the Maxina. Another thing I enjoyed was the photo booth when Mrs Fowler and Miss  Murphy snuck into our photo.
Karmveer


After school, my mum wanted to take me to the hairdresser to straighten my hair  after we washed it at home. When I got home, she helped me put on my dress and accessories, then she took endless shots of photos of me. At school, I saw lots of Intermediates outside the hall talking to one another.. while their parents were taking photos of them. We to gave our tickets to the teachers and entered through the doors. The hall was filled with black sheets to cover the windows, and cardboard stars were hanging everywhere, with harmless lasers to brighten up the place, and best of all, a photo booth and magician.
Joanna

I felt really nervous when I entered the hall; however, I found my friends and walked wuickly over to them. They were really nervous looking too. Then we did the grand march to start off.
Sheffy
I loved the ball because I got to dance with people that I didn't really hang out with. I really liked dancing with Kiana, Maddy, Tara and Bree. I also enjoyed to food. My favourite dishes were the chocolate eclairs  and the cocktail sausages.
Kylah

I felt so excited when I got there. I thought the ball was going to be lame but OMG, it was awesome. I loved the ball from then on. Moreover, I loved the food. But I wondered how the dancing would go; however, it turned out OK. The people were all smiles and the photo booth was a big hit.
Tara

While I was getting ready for the school ball I was feeling really nervous. While we were waiting to be allowed to go inside the hall, people were taking photos in groups.  I thought that the magician was very talented. The two tricks I saw him do were amazing. I thought that the balloon flower that he made was cool. It was nice that he let me make a balloon poodle to prove to him that I could make them, even though the poodle turned out to be a sausage dog.  I loved using the photo booth because it was easy to use, but it was sad because Diyah was so short that she was only in one photo properly.
Syvannah





No comments:

Post a Comment