Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Intermediate Ball Part 2 - After the Ball is Over . . .

More before and after stories from Huia 1:

(Before)  . . .I am most nervous about the dance after the grand march. I don't want to ask a girl to dance with me, but other than that stuff, I'm very excited to go to the ball because it's my first ball I have ever been to.

Hopefully, I don't sweat too much. I do not know what to bring to the ball for food. I am wearing something I bought this morning. I think it looks good because it looks original for me. The reason I got it was it is different. Hopefully nobody has the same idea as me.

I wish I can still dance next to my friends. I don't want to mess my new clothes, but to have fun you have to get dirty, right?

(After) . . . I was very nervous in the car. We were nearly there until Fili reminded me that we forgot our tickets, so we did a U-turn and got our tickets . Thankfully that was our first and last mistake that I made that night.

I was relieved when I saw Karwyn and he just got out of the car. Yes, I wasn't late. The grand march flew by quickly. One of my favourite bits was the statue waltz. I was partnered with Julienne. We were going fine until we got muddled up on the One Direction pose. I said to her to be the singer and I would be the fan, but she dis a pose of a fan and  I did too. So I quickly did a pose of a singer stroking my hair, but I was too slow and Miss Griffin caught me moving. I was gutted, but it was fun, so I didn't mind.

Also, one of my favourites was eating, of course. I was so lucky to be in Tawa because Miss Griffin was handing out napkins and asked, "Who was in the marathon?" I put my hand up, and she looked away. Then she said, "Who's in Tawa?" I put my hand up and she gave me one. I didn't care if any one was looking. I got some food from the table, tested it, then grabbed some more. I was on thirds when it was time to ask someone to dance with me.

I didn't bother asking someone, so I sat down, put my legs on another chair and started kicking back. Some of my friends were getting up to dance, so I dance with Alex. I noticed I was the girl because it felt weird in the position, or was it because I was dancing with a boy? I don't know. Then we got split up and I danced with Kylah. Tonu


(Before)  . . . I am nervous to ask someone to dance or to get asked. I love all the dances so I am going to have a great night. I'm bringing strawberries dipped in chocolate.

(After) . . . What was cool was just the Year 7 and 8s there - and the teachers. It was awesome because the parents could stay and watch, then  came early at watch the dances at the end - which I liked. . .Tegan Year 8

(After) . . . My favourite dancer was probably Divya because she had soft hands. We started with the grand march then we did the opening waltz. My favourite dances were Cotton Eye Joe and The Gay Gordons. In the statue waltz, my partner was Karwyn. We were professional until Karwyn mucked it up for us. We could have taken that competition. The night was young, the songs were boring, but being with my boys was what made my night.
Hoani.

(After) Last night was quite exciting. When I first arrived, they had started. The music was pumping and it was an amazing atmosphere. At first, I was really anxious and I was wondering how I was going to dance with my right ankle injured and strapped. I really felt like I was in a scene from Narnia, and that I had walked into a wardrobe and entered an unknown world. Then I saw a couple of my friends and we started talking.

We did a range of dances  we had learnt throughout the year. I thought that the best dancer of the night was Hoani, and he looked very elegant.  All of a sudden, the music went silent and a familiar song came on  - Gangnam Style. Everyone in the hall went off and started to dance to it. Rudadiso 

(Before)  . . . I am wearing my adidas shoes, my dark blue jeans, my square striped shirt and my black jacket. Zaid and I are coming together. We are getting dropped off close to the school and will walk the rest of the way. I am confident about the snowball waltz and I know who I am going to ask.

(After) . . . The ball last night was really good because of the freestyle dancing. To start the snowball waltz, Mr Yates picked some people and he put me with two girls, then he put Te Amo with the second girl. I  thought the best dancers I danced with were Kristina, Jessica, Madison and Lisa.  My favourite dances were Cotton Eye Joe and The Gay Gordons.  Trent 

(Before) . . . I'm really nervous about dancing in heels. I'm still pretty nervous about askingf boys to dance. I can't wait to freestyle dance with my friends. I have really improved i confidence this year. I think the teacher have noticed too.

(After) . . . The girls looked great in dresses and their shoes. Parents and teachers took photos of us. We had to smile a lot. I was so scared about dancing in heels becasue they were pretty tall. Miss Murphy asked me how I danced in them.


We had freestyle dancing, starting with Gangnam Style by Psy. Everyone started screaming when the song came on. People danced in groups of friends. After a few dances we had supper. I love the strawberries with rich chocolate dipping sauce. There were so many sausage roll, samosa and spring rolls and chicken nibbles. Some of the fudge brownies were really nice. The punch was absolutely divine.

After supper we had some more dancing. Now I have the song "I'm Elmo and I know it" stuck in my head because it's really catch. .  . Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment