Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brand New Desks for Our Class


On Friday - the last day of the term, Huia 1 got brand new desks . Previously students had been seated around shared tables. Now there is an individual desk with lift up lid and a pull out tote tray for each student.

Here's some of the comments from Huia 1 students:

" They're wood so they're so much better. It's good because I have never had a desk before." Hunter

"I really like these new desks because we have more room in them." Sarah

"They rock. I'll have to get used to it." Brittany

"It was really exciting getting the desks and even more exciting because I got to help taken them out of the bug blue truck." Ben

"The desks are better because we don't have to always get up to get our books and pencil cases. Now we just have to lift the lid and our books are there." Bailey

"It's so smooth and nice. I love them. The desk will make me learn more about stuff. Thank you Mrs V and Mrs F." Kumiko


"I like the desks because I don't need to move to get my things." Sambit

"These desks are very cool and modern. The trays are bigger - I love these desks." Aminder

"I think it is very handynow. I think it is going to be much easier." Juliana

"They will help me get on with my work." Madison

"i think these will help us learn more because we won't have to get up and grab our books." Maria

"They're awesome but there are rules." Nathan

"They are great - better than the old ones. They are so convenient, with a tot tray holder underneath them. " Richard

"I am really enjoying the new desks but I am still getting used to them, which will take me a while. I feel like I have more room. I like having my books under my table. My work will now hopefully be cleaner." Erica.

"Wow! A new desk, The reason I'm happy is because I can get my books and pens very easily."Donny

"I think it looks cool and the room has more space. I am thanking the school for buying them and spending a lot of money on the students." Roneel

Click on each link below to find out about:

Our Science Fair projects
Our Spanish sentences for the week
The Intermediate Ball
Photos of the Ball
And More Photos of the Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment