Sunday, October 7, 2012

Letters from Romeo and Juliet characters to each other

 If the characters of Romeo and Juliet sent each other letters or notes, this is what they might say . . .

Dear Romeo,
I'm worried about you. You are always in your room  with your windows shut and curtains closed. I may have to send Benvolio to get through to you. I wish you would tell me what's wrong. If I knew, maybe I could help.

From your mother, Lady Montague.

Dear Paris,
Would you marry my fair daughter Juliet? If so, meet me tomorrow and we will discuss it further. But only if your intentions are honourable will I let thee marry Juliet. 
From Lord Capulet (Lauren)   

Dear Romeo,
Cheer up mate. Let's go and gate-crash the Capulets' party. I will show you all the beauties of Verona. Compare her with some that I shall show you, and I will make thee think thy swan a crow.

From Benvolio (Tonu) 

Dear Benvolio, 
I know Romeo has been sad because he loves Rosliane. Tell him that there will be a party at the house of Capulet, and we'll gate-crash it and catch the Capulets by surprise. They will never know it was us. 

Sincerely, 
Mercutio (Jackie) 


Dear Rosaline, 
You are the sweet icing on the cake. You are a bright burning light and I am a mosquito  attracted to your flame. Would you meet me at the dance tonight? I would be honoured.
Love Romeo (Lauren)  

Dear Father Lawrence,
I saw a  girl so divine I fell in love with her at first sight at the Capulets' party. She is like a dove and better than Rosaline. I hope you can marry us today. 
From Romeo (Jupman)  

Dear Romeo,
Oh, why did you have to be a Montague! Couldn't you be a Capulet? For goodness sake, these family feuds are killing me. There's no reason for them,is there? If you can organise a priest we can get married as soon as possible. 
From Juliet (Alisha)  

 Dear Romeo, 
You made a fool of me last night at the Capulet party! Get ready to face my fury. I will kill you the next time I see you. I won't forget this, you vile worm!

Tybalt. (Trent) 

Romeo,
Get thee to the town square on Tuesday and you will wish you were never born. 

Tybalt.(Cameron W) 

Dear Lady Capulet,
Your cousin Tybalt killed my best friend Mercutio so I killed your cousin Tybalt. Tybalt and Mercutio did not like each other, and while my friends and I were in the street, your cousin Tybalt came, and they both started fighting. When they stopped, Tybalt killed Mercutio and after that I killed Tybalt. 
From Romeo (Akjot)   

Dear Romeo,
Why did you kill my cousin Tybalt?  Now you have to be exiled forever and we can never see each other. My parents are making me marry the Count Paris. So, I went to the friar and got a potion that will make it appear as if I am dead for two and forty hours.

 Love from Juliet.  (Kylah) 

Dear Romeo,
O, you were my love, but you slew  my cousin. Can I still trust you? Inside me there's love for Tybalt, but I still love you. But I have got other things on my mind. My parents are forcing me to marry Paris. What should I do? 

From Juliet (Cameron W)  

Dear Romeo,
Why did you have to kill Tybalt? We are never going to see each other again. I can't believe you are going to Mantua. I'm going to miss you so much. We need a plan. We can't be separated. My heart is broken. 
From Juliet (Jessica).   

Dear Romeo,
This is an official letter saying that you are now banished from Verona. If you enter Verona again, you will be slain. 

From Prince Escalus (Kyran) 

Dear Romeo,
 I bring news of Juliet. She has taken a potion, leaving her lifeless for two and forty hours. She will awake after that time. You must sneak into the Capulet tomb, checking for others that may be grieving. Ensure you are alone. 

I will be there when she awakes, and you will both escape to Mantua. I will take care of the families, as her parents will find her body gone. 

From your friend,
Friar Lawrence (Caitlin)


Dear Romeo, 
Your wife drank one of my potions and is now lying in the Capulet tomb. Come tonight and be there when she awakes. You both will escape to Mantua, and I'll sort things out. 

From Friar Lawrence

Check out our Romeo and Juliet "Dear Diary" blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment