Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rugby World Cup Homework Projects


Krizelle - full marks for this poster

Last week we had a homework project about a team participating in the Rugby World Cup.

Unfortunately, our whole class except for two people had to do it all over again because Mrs Vincent was disappointed with our first posters. As well as having to do it all over again, we had to choose a different team that we didn't know anything about.

So, we all got started on our second team and we only had one week to do it and have it perfectly finished. The rating was out of 25. If you got 20 you passed. If you passed you didn't have to do it again. We all were a little bit disappointed about having to do it all again but we all got on to it because we knew there was going to be a consequence if we didn't.

These are some of our comments:

I think that my Argentina poster was a lot neater and set out better then my Italy poster.
Jessica.

I think that my first one is better than my second one.
Madison.

My project got better marks than last time. And I think I did much better.
Hunter.

I think my homework is better than last time.
Terence.

I think my homework was better set out than my first one, my title was a lot better than my first one and relevant.
Shayla.

I think I definitely benefited from the second chance at the project.
Ricki-Jean.

I think I went really well but next time I need to be careful when I am reading the homework sheet. I think my homework this time is way better than last time.
Annella

Caitlin - full marks for this poster


It was hard and I think it is much better than my first one - and it was really fast.
Nikhil.

I think it is ten times better than my last project because it is much neater and has more facts.
Chris.
Donny

I thought my second one was better than the first one.
Sarah J.


Matthew




I think I represented my country right with the logo and the map to show detail.
Jackie.

My second homework project was better set out than my first.
Ben.

I think that my second homework project was better than my first one because I had a better title. It was neater and it was drawn better.
Danny.




Sarah I


I think my second on was way better than my first one. I think I set it out better.
Tegan.

I learnt the meaning of Japan's logo and think that my second one was better than my first one.
Renae.






Written by Tegan



Rugby World Cup Project:

Purposes: to develop, extend and increase the variety of presentation skills used (visual language)

to develop and extend research and study skills

to capitalise on relevant current events opportunities

Choose a country participating in the Rugby World Cup - excluding New Zealand

· present the required information on 1 side of A4 blank paper

· include your name on the back of the paper

· set your work out relevantly, clearly and neatly – thinking about the style of your presentation and the layout of your information

· no computer-generated work; all work to be done in black pen and coloured pencils

· neatness, correct spelling, punctuation and following instructions are very important

Include:

· the name of the country - this will be your title

· the name of the team (if a different name to its country; e.g. New Zealand - All Blacks)

· flag of the country

· symbol/logo of the team and an explanation of what it means or its significance

· map of the country – labelled with relevant information - which could be borders, seas, oceans, neighbouring countries

· a frame or border of your own design (think relevance)

· a drawing of the team’s jersey

· a line or words from the country’s national anthem which could be used as a motto, chant, slogan or similar to describe or encourage the team; e.g. “Hear our voices, we entreat!” or “Make her praises heard afar…” could be used for New Zealand. This could be incorporated as a border.

· a greeting or comment in a language from the country, which you could use if you met a person from that team – or one interesting fact about the team which you could discuss if you met someone from the team


Marks:

presentation and neatness, including following instructions :5marks

information – including amount and accuracy: 10marks

spelling, punctuation, correct use of capital letters: 5marks

handed in on time : 5 marks

No comments:

Post a Comment