Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 5 of our Campaign for World Domination

Once again the classroom of Huia1, early this morning, featured a sight so unusual, so strange, that it belongs in Huia1. Many crowded around the brave few that had devoted themselves (for the 20 minutes before school-time, morning tea and lunchtime) to maintaining the well-deserved spot of Number One in New Zealand and, hopefully, the World in Mathletics.

By Ricki-Jean.

Continued by Mrs Vincent:

Everyone has been too busy trying to get to Number One in the World to complete today's blog entry. Taking every available minute, excluding lesson times, everyone contributed towards achieving Number One in New Zealand again this week.

It's exciting to see our names on the Mathletics World Hall of Fame.

Krizelle, Number 1 in New Zealand and Number 1 in the World, Friday 9:00 p.m.
Callum, 8th in NZ and 23rd in the World on Friday.

Renae, 83rd in New Zealand on Friday
Tegan 34th in New Zealand on Friday
Sarah I, 10th in the World on Friday

Some comments from Huia 1 students:
"It was fun, because I beat my record and I got 8,000 points. It's going to help my times tables. I'm really good at maths and I should be in Mr Yates class now - because I know all fractions." Danny

" I've gone well. I've never got as many points as I've got now. I've got better at maths. Even Mrs Whitehead said so." Shayla

"I'm going well. My goal was to get on the Hall of Fame and I got there and I'm 13th in New Zealand. I've achieved my goal and I'm getting better at maths." Tegan

"Did you know we are second in the world now?"

"I felt proud of myself when I got top of the world. But I was very lucky to have the talent from my Mum and Dad." Krizelle


Leadership Week - Monday 4th July to Friday 8th July
Red Sock Day, Friday 8th July

We are all wearing red socks next week to remember Sir Peter Blake and the work he did.

" In 2011, Red Socks Day will be held during Leadership Week on Friday 8th July – to encourage schools, organisations and individuals throughout New Zealand to celebrate leadership in action and to remember a great New Zealand leader, Sir Peter Blake. Take a look at the photos, video and links for some inspiration, or celebrate in a way that reflects your particular group, vision or values."

Also, check out our earlier blog which has some excellent links for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment