Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Intermediate Ball 2009



Eighty-one Year 7 and 8 students went to the Las Vegas theme ball.It was in the the school hall and it started at 7 pm and ended at 10pm and it was on last Thursday night.

The students from the school council did the set up and the planning for the ball and the intermediate students did dancing lessons with Mrs Vincent two weeks before the ball .We started learning “Saturday Night Fever” for the first dance of the night but in the end it was one of the last of the dances we did. Some of the other dances we did were “Cotton-Eye Joe”, the waltz, the circle waltz and “Run Run Rudolph”.

We had heaps of food and heaps of dancing. Some girls had to take part and dance like the boys because there were more girls than the boys. The councillors did the first dance of the night the council boy had to say, “Would you like this dance?” to a girl and the girl councillors had to say it to the boys. It was quite frightening at first although you do start to relax after a while...


When we had partner dancing, we had other music playing and when a song came on that lots of kids liked they started to dance and sing with the music. Some of the girls and boys went a little bit crazy when the DJ played the most popular song.


The girls wore dresses, high heel shoes and the boys wore nice coloured ties with black pants. Before the dancing started, the girls had great fun showing off their new flash dresses they had got for the ball and the boys were sitting down, doing nothing.


All 81 kids had photos taken of them at the ball or at home with family and friends.

The music that was played was pop and hip hop and a lot more .
It was great fun and we all enjoyed it. We all got involved in someway...

By Nikeeta and Brittany.

Extracts from other students’ written work about the ball:

“I spiked up my hair with gel and I dressed my best to impress the girls. LOL.... (Laugh Out Loud) I think one of the greatest things I achieved last night was asking someone to dance. Once I did it, it was normal and I was not afraid...The ball was an amazing experience and I am really hoping to go next year.”

"I wore Lynx deodorant for men .... I felt like James Bond or Al Pacino....."

" I had to be the boy in nearly every dance..."

"When I first danced with girls I was so nervous I was paralysed with fear..."

"I'm going to be more confident next year...."

"My favourite dance was the circle waltz because you don't have to stick with the same partner and you can dance with a variety of people...."


~SOME PHOTOS OF THE BALL ~




























8 comments:

  1. The ball was awesome. I had a great time!
    Rebekah.H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure us had a great x at d ball. brill fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys its caitlin and i know we are all going to miss doing this blog as a class this year =[ but anyway good luck to those people that are leaving.

    from caitlin b

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ball was fun and the pictures on the blog are cool. can't wait for next years ball.
    Alexis.M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I helped put at the ball. By the looks of it it was fun. It was great organizing it with fellow councillors and other students. Looking forward to it for next year.

    ReplyDelete